Pacific Northwest Construction, LLC is your answer for building Oregon custom homes! With his keen eye for design, unique talent, and extensive knowledge and experience, PNC owner and president, Jason Swigart, will walk you through the process of choosing the right look, design, and products for your new custom home with great detail and professionalism. We understand how important it is to create your dream house, making it as unique as you are. We treat each client as though they are our only client.
Jason Swigart works personally with all clients to find the right design, the best materials, and the perfect project flow. Your goal becomes his goal. If you want to change your life by owning a home that matches your dreams, Jason and his team will work to make your dream a reality.
Building your dream home and making it a reality can be one of the most important decisions of your life. With PNC you have a team in your corner to make the experience a winning one. You control the price, layout, design and overall look. You can be confident knowing you will end up with a custom home just as you like it, creating a home you’ll want to keep in the family for generations with pride.
Use your own design or pick from designs we can provide. We work through the entire process until you are completely satisfied and make your dream come true.
At Pacific Northwest Construction, we understand how hard it is to find a competent and capable contractor. Choosing the right contractor can mean the difference between an endless hassle and a smooth and easy experience that puts a smile on your face.
From a Satisfied Client
Mark and I want to thank the team for how fast our project was completed.
Each team member was professional, helpful, good humored when challenges arose and weather got in the way. Every team kept to a schedule and finished on time. The quality of each team was premium and we finished day ahead of schedule.
The leads for each of the trades (electrical, paint, cabinetry, plumbing, flooring, tiling, painting, roofing, structural) were extremely helpful and kind as we moved through the decision making process to the finish process. I was so pleased that everyone understood that I needed help making a few decisions and they were kind enough to show me examples and offer helpful tips.
Jason your coordination with the county inspectors, permits and supplies kept us on point and always heading in the right direction. Could not have done this without you!
– Mark and Sherri
We take pride in doing the little things that separate us from the rest of the competition. You can trust us to be honest, display integrity, use professionalism, and provide the highest quality. Our responsiveness, accessibility and friendliness always results in a satisfactory experience. We will be a project partner that takes the time to understand your needs, listens to your ideas, and helps you create the home of your dreams.
What Are the Steps for Planning and Building a Custom Home?
- Determine How Much You Can Afford. Before starting a project you should determine how much you can afford to spend. You will probably need a mortgage and perhaps a construction loan. Find out if you qualify and for how much. If you are already living in a home, will you have to sell it first, or can you get enough cash out of it?
- Where Will You Build? You have to purchase a lot and understand its conditions before planning a building. An urban or suburban lot or subdivision may be fully or partially prepared for building. For fully undeveloped land you will have to investigate various issues such as access to utilities and water, soil and drainage conditions, and local zoning or building ordinances.
- Select Your Contractor/Project Manager. You need a team of players to build a custom home from scratch. You may need an engineer or surveyor to prepare your lot, an architect to design the home, and then a construction team. An experienced contractor like Jason Swigart of PNC provides project management and will assemble a reliable team for you.
- Develop Your Plan. Custom home builders have prepackaged plans ready to go that may suit your needs and fit your lifestyle. These plans can generally be modified for any special requirements. If you have a special vision of what you want, a unique custom home can be designed. A top notch architectural designer can work with you to plan the home of your dreams. Check out some sample custom home plans at PRO Build Basics Collection and PRO Build Lifestyles Collection.
- Review the Plans.Your contractor should do a thorough review of the lot so that all necessary preparations are defined and that all legal ordinances are known and accounted for. These should all be specified in writing and provided to you. When the building plan is completed, you should also be provided all architectural drawings and home specifications for review before signing a contract.
- Work Out a Contract. You must have a formal contract describing the entire project, from preparing the lot to completing the building and warranting the work. Be sure to check that all the details are covered to avoid the unexpected later on. Make sure the contract provides contingencies if something needs to be changed going forward.
So you want the “oh-so-soft” carpet, hardwood floors, or ceramic tiles; but did you know laminate is dominating the residential flooring options? Here is a rundown of flooring options to meet every taste and every pocketbook. See our guide to Flooring Options.
There are numerous options for countertops in both bathroom and kitchen. An important consideration is a product that is resistant to both stains and heat. See our guide to Countertop Options.